- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
BREAST CANCER: Taking Control Book
A signed copy of Professor John Boyages’ an Australian Breast Cancer Specialist & Radiation Oncologist with decades of experience working with patients who are dealing with Breast Cancer. Using the familiar image of a garden and a personal, plain English style to illustrate your cancer and how it affects your body, Professor Boyages, MD, PhD, walks you slowly through the stress and confusion after a diagnosis of breast cancer.
Some key features:
- “Traffic-light” colours guide you through treatment phases
- 20 colour-coded “Control Points” with detailed flow charts
- Clear end of chapter “Warning”, “Tip” and “Remember” icons and summaries
- 15 real-life patient stories
- Plain English style with garden and other analogies to explain your breast cancer and its treatment
- 125 photographs in full colour
- 28 graphically designed diagrams
- 75 hand-picked web links
- Detailed glossary, key references and index
Learn how to:
Identify the 20 “Control Points”: the 20 important decisions you need to make before and after your surgery.
Navigate through the medical maze of breast cancer treatment with detailed descriptions and clear flowcharts that give you a “birds-eye view” of the process.
Find and research the right treatment team for you.
Identify the key questions to ask your treatment team before and after treatment.
Identify the surgical choices for your breast and armpit.
Understand when you really need radiation therapy, chemotherapy or hormonal treatment.
Preserve your fertility.
Understand ways of helping to cope with sexuality and early menopause after treatment.
Note from the author
“Let me lead you down the right path for you to get you on top and “take control” of this all too common disease.”
Professor John Boyages, AM,MD, PhD